Solved! how to remove the battery from aspire e14 e5-475g-380u

Solution

The only way to do that on laptops with non-removable batteries is to physical modify it with a toggle switch on the battery's positive wire connecting it to the motherboard. That's a fairly involved DIY job, and most people who have the skills to do it wouldn't be asking how to do it.

Most laptops with non-removable batteries employ various strategies to avoid the early battery death problems which plagued older laptops. The worst thing you can do to a battery is to charge it to 100%, or discharge it to 0%. Each deep charge/discharge like this reduces the battery's capacity, and after a few years (300-1000 cycles) you have a battery which only lasts 5...

So you're going to disassemble the laptop every time you need to use it on battery power, to reconnect the battery?

The only way to do that on laptops with non-removable batteries is to physical modify it with a toggle switch on the battery's positive wire connecting it to the motherboard. That's a fairly involved DIY job, and most people who have the skills to do it wouldn't be asking how to do it.

Most laptops with non-removable batteries employ various strategies to avoid the early battery death problems which plagued older laptops. The worst thing you can do to a battery is to charge it to 100%, or discharge it to 0%. Each deep charge/discharge like this reduces the battery's capacity, and after a few years (300-1000 cycles) you have a battery which only lasts 5 minutes.

Some newer laptops have an option which lets you limit the max charge of the battery (usually to 80% or 90%). Once the battery reaches this charge level, it stops charging, thus guaranteeing you never reach 100% charge.

Some laptops do this internally. For example, the battery will be labeled as 48 mAh capacity, but if you use a software tool, Windows will report it is a 43.2 mAh battery - 90% of its actual capacity. In this way, even when Windows reports the battery is 100% charged, it is in reality only 90% charged. And you're avoiding the damaging 100% charge level.

Pretty much all laptops also add some hysteresis to the charge cycle. Li-ion batteries slowly self-discharge when not in use. Many old laptops would immediately top off the battery back to 100% the moment it self-discharged down to 99%. This resulted in repeated charges back to 100% every 30-60 minutes, which rapidly killed the battery (old Toshibas were notorious for this). Nearly all newer laptops will charge the battery to 100%, but won't top the battery off again until its charge level drops to 95% or 90%. On many of these, if you disconnect the AC power (stop the charging) when it reaches 95% or 90%, then plug it back in again, it won't continue to charge up to 100% until it drops below this threshold.

If you use the laptop plugged into AC most of the time and want to preserve the non-removable battery, I would take it off AC at least once a week and let it discharge to about 30%-50%, before putting it back on AC. About once every 1-3 months, do a full discharge to 5% (when Windows will auto-shutdown) then charge it back to 100%. This deep discharge and recharge damages the battery, but is important to allow Windows to recalibrate its battery meter. If Windows loses calibration, you won't know if the % battery it is reporting is still accurate, causing these battery-saving strategies to fail.

The other big killer of batteries is heat.

More reading if you want to know the gory details.
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

Solution

myramisericordia

Prominent
Jan 14, 2018
no i didnt know that what i was purchased is built in, i think i can still replace it to a removable battery, so i can remove the battery and plug it while im still at home. i bought it less than a half month