how to replace the LCD screen of a Dell Inspiron 15z 5523

alvarojg7

Prominent
Feb 19, 2017
I have to replace the screen of my dell Inspiron 15z 5523, because it got cracked. How can I do it? I guess the first step is to remove the rubber bezel it has.

But I don´t know how..

Can you help me?

alvarojg7

Prominent
Feb 19, 2017
Hi !, thank you very much for your help.

Unfortunately, I have already seen that video, and it is a different model of Inspiron. My model is the Inspiron 15z 5523, wich has a very different bezel. It seems to be a thin rubber blue-grey bezel.
I´m afraid to broke it if a try to take it off.
I also don´t know if there are any screws behind it, etc..

I´ll be waiting for any help on this issue..

best regards !

Flippers McCoy

Commendable
Sep 12, 2016
If you're still trying to do this repair, or if anybody else has this issue, I know what's going on!
The digitizer and the LCD are glued together, so they come off as one unit. There are plastic clips all around the edge of the lid, so if you get a metal or plastic spudger (or for you backyard repairmen a butter knife) and slide it around the edge between the black rubber and the silverish plastic of the lid and disconnect all the snaps. This can be done with the lid still installed in the computer, but I found it much easier to do if I removed the lid first. There's also a connector at the top (I assume for the wifi antennas) that you will have to remove early on in removing the lid. Then you have the LCD connector at the bottom. After you disconnect those two connectors and pop off all the snaps you're in business! At this point it's up to you if you want to try to separate the LCD and digitizer, or just go whole hog and order the entire assembly.
Good luck everyone!

Update: separating the LCD and digitizer is practically impossible. I attempted this and promptly destroyed the digitizer, you're going to need some way more sophisticated tools than a sock full of rice or a heat gun to separate these two. The more ya know!

Flippers McCoy

Commendable
Sep 12, 2016

Looks like just an LCD panel costs ~$50 on eBay, but if you want to do it right you're going to need the whole assembly (LCD, Digitizer, & Bezel combo), which run $100-$180
I found everything by searching for "Dell Inspiron 15z 5523 screen" on eBay! Make sure you compare your part with their pictures to be 100% sure you're getting the right thing