How To Restore Your Beige Retro Hardware

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]firebee1991[/nom]I'm surprised nobody ever thought of this before.[/citation]

They have. I've been using it for years, and I know others who have been too. It's pretty much common sense.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I tried buying some high concentration hydrogen peroxide, but no one would sell it to me. Screw this 3% stuff at home or 20% you buy in chem shops. I wanted the 85-90% stuff. :(

Cool to know though. Think a couple lil UV cold cathodes in my case would be enough?

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]anamaniac[/nom]I tried buying some high concentration hydrogen peroxide, but no one would sell it to me. Screw this 3% stuff at home or 20% you buy in chem shops. I wanted the 85-90% stuff. Cool to know though. Think a couple lil UV cold cathodes in my case would be enough?[/citation]

You can get 35%, which is extremely strong. If you get it on your fingers, you'll know what I mean.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]applegotmelaid[/nom]Anyone find a use for the turbo button yet? One-touch overclocking maybe[/citation]
Oh yes! I forgot about that! What was thast about!? My first "rig" was a Pentium 133mhz, and it had a turbo button. When I pressed it, the led pannel on the front would go from 133 to 150. Back then , I always kept it at 150, but now I realize that it probably wasn't doing anything, if not a small placebo effect!

gdilord

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
[citation][nom]applegotmelaid[/nom]Anyone find a use for the turbo button yet? One-touch overclocking maybe[/citation]
On the 286 (or was it the 386?) that I had the turbo button definitely increased the available horsepower of the computer. One could literally see the increase/decrease in animation speed on the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.