How to set the default location of downloads to external SD card on Samsung Tab 4

Apayem

Estimable
Aug 31, 2015
How to set the default location of downloading apps and all files to external SD card on Samsung Galaxy Tab 4

alxmrn

Estimable
Sep 28, 2015
Hi,

Press the Home Button at the lower-middle part of the device. Tap the Apps icon to show the applications menu. Locate the Internet Application and tap on it. From the internet application window, tap the menu button located on the lower-left. Tap on Settings showing on the menu list. Tap on Content Setting under the Advanced menu. Find the Default Storage and tap on it. It will show an option to tap on "Memory Card" to set it as the default storage for downloads. Let me know if this step worked for you. Thanks!

johnviv

Estimable
Oct 3, 2015
open internet icon
click on the three dots on the top right hand corner
click on settings
click on content settings
then on right side click on default storage
select memory card.
downloades will go to memory card
click means( press too).

Apayem

Estimable
Aug 31, 2015

Did all this, but were do I find 'means' ? And do you mean 'press TWO' ?

Thanks in advance!

Apayem

Estimable
Aug 31, 2015
Should I root the tablet to be able to set Micro sd card for downloading of apps, games and other files?

And is it advisable to root the tablet, is it safe and nesesary? (I prefere not to mess with the device so as not to brick it)

9ballbaby

Commendable
Mar 25, 2016

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! if it wasn't for you i may never have found the place to change where my downloads go to change them to my SD card!! This is exactly how you do it for a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4! Happy customer here!

rainer

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
Did it (Galaxy S5)

Chrome and Firefox still download to internal storage.
Any way to change the systemwide download folder to CF?

Joshua_2016

Commendable
Sep 29, 2016
I have found out a way on my Samsung Galaxy Tab A.
Go into the app named Internet.
Tap on the more button in the top right corner.
Choose settings.
Choose Advanced.
There will be an option with the save path on the right of it.
Tap on Device or SD card.
And then choose where you would like to download.

bigdondapper

Commendable
Dec 30, 2016

just tryed this on both my kids tab A and it worked perfectly, thank you.

Gracefulheart4

Commendable
Feb 1, 2017
Thank you thank you thank you!!!!! I can't tell you how long I've been looking for that answer and trying to get this galaxy to save to an SD card! You are awesome! And by the way you're the only information available on Google today and yesterday that even bothers to tell people that! Again thank you!

Monkhester

Prominent
May 12, 2017

I followed the same directions that you are referring to and have finally realized that "click means (press too)" is really saying that the word "click" also means "press." It adds nothing to the directions, just a side note. Also, following the directions did change my downloads to my sd card; however, if I shut tablet down it resets the default back to 'device.'

Jackieboy70

Prominent
Jul 14, 2017
When I go to Home Button and press APPS,Then after searching for 10 min...only to find out that there IS NOT INTERNET APPLICATION !
i HAVE THE latest android version 7.0 CODE NAME: (NOUGAT) IF THIS HELPS ?I am tired of download things on my phone and Tablet and then I can't find the. !

I am 70 yrs old & I am VERY FRUSTRATED !!!
You can reach me at: [don't post your email address on the forum] with an ANSWER AND SOLUTION to my PROBLEM.

turpen.m

Prominent
Dec 26, 2017