How to speed up your Android phone or tablet

Dec 8, 2021
Hi Beatrice :D Glad you found this useful. Turning on developer mode to follow this how-to is perfectly safe, but I recommend not tweaking any of the other settings in there without proper guidance. It's fine to leave developer mode switched on though. Hope you're enjoying your new-found speed 🆒

Reactions: jones666
Dec 8, 2021
After changing these settings, can I turn Developer settings off so I don't have automatic access and wander into other Developer settings?

Dec 8, 2021
Hi jones666. If you turn the developer mode off, it will undo the changes you've made in this how-to guide. If you're worried about changing something in the developer menu by mistake, just look out for the "Developer options" heading if you ever search the settings menu on your phone or tablet. If anything comes up under that heading, just avoid it. If you do accidentally change a setting in there, switching off the developer mode should automatically revert everything back to its previous state.

Dec 9, 2021
Didn't work for me either and also slowed everything down 😞. My phone wasn't really all that slow to begin with anyway and sure am glad I was able to easily reverse it. Wonder why this only works for some?

Dec 8, 2021
Hi guys. It's strange that this tip made your phones slow down. I've done this with practically every Android device I've owned (and I also do it with friends and family members' devices) and never seen it make things slower. Do you mind if I ask what kind of phones you have?