How to stop computer speaker buzzing?

Mo_oIKE

Commendable
May 2, 2016
I bought the Logitech Z533 2.1 speakers and they produce a loud buzz. It seems to be coming from the subwoofer, as it makes a light buzzing sound the moment I plug it in the outlet. Once I turn them on, it makes the loud buzzing. My TV subwoofer doesn't have this problem, so maybe this is just something that comes with this particular model? Any advice would be appreciated.

Also, please recommend a good 2.1 system for around $100-$150 (CDN) if they come to mind.

Geekwad

Estimable
Sep 25, 2015
Does this same buzzing sound persist when moved to a different outlet on it's own? Sometimes other items are the cause of the line noise, and not the speakers directly (though a result of inexpensive circuitry).

Mo_oIKE

Commendable
May 2, 2016

I've tried multiple different outlets, but to no avail. This is the second unit after I returned the first one that suffered from this same problem.

Ruggo181

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
Mate, do the speakers buzz, with no audio source? If they buzz with no audio source, then there may be a fault with the speakers. In this case see if you can take them to a friends and plug them in, if there is still a buzz, definitely the speakers, no buzz, there may be a electrical problem at your place

If the speakers don't buzz without a source can you plug the speakers into another audio source that is battery operated, like a phone or media player and see if the buzz persists? If the buzz is not there, then you may be getting a ground loop interference, that a cheap ground loop isolator may fix.