how to switch between charging and pluging ??

Solution
I have never seen such a thing, probably because this sort of thing is supposed to be completely automatic.

If only there was a way to change maximum charge voltage, as cycle life depends mostly on charging and discharge voltages:
Generally if Li-Ion is charged to 4.2v, cycle life will be well over 600 charges to 80%.
If charged to 4.25v this drops to 400 charges
If charged to 4.30v this drops to 200 charges.
If charged to 4.35v this drops to 125 charges.
Typical life is considered to be to 80% capacity, which means the permanent loss of 20%. However Li-Ion could be described as aging gracefully, because even at 50% of new capacity it is still very useful. Well, if it doesn't swell up.

Especially cell phones are often too aggressive...
Not sure I understand the question. If the battery is below 100%, the moment you plug it in, it begins charging. I suppose if the battery is at 100% capacity and the unit is still plugged in, the battery status *might* change to plugged in, but that in no way affects performance.

-Wolf sends

Apr 14, 2018

its 97% and says its plugged in, not charging

That's okay, it should say "charging" when battery drops below a certain percentage. It's simply preventing the battery from being overcharged.

BFG-9000

Respectable
Sep 17, 2016
Li-ion batteries do not last as long if stored fully charged, so normally the charging circuit is designed to wait until it falls to something like 90% before charging again.

If you expect to need full battery capacity later, simply unplug + replug the charger and it should charge to 100%

Apr 14, 2018

is there any key or option to switch between this two mods manualy ???

BFG-9000

Respectable
Sep 17, 2016
I have never seen such a thing, probably because this sort of thing is supposed to be completely automatic.

If only there was a way to change maximum charge voltage, as cycle life depends mostly on charging and discharge voltages:
Generally if Li-Ion is charged to 4.2v, cycle life will be well over 600 charges to 80%.
If charged to 4.25v this drops to 400 charges
If charged to 4.30v this drops to 200 charges.
If charged to 4.35v this drops to 125 charges.
Typical life is considered to be to 80% capacity, which means the permanent loss of 20%. However Li-Ion could be described as aging gracefully, because even at 50% of new capacity it is still very useful. Well, if it doesn't swell up.

Especially cell phones are often too aggressive with the charging, leading to a battery that may only last about a year before it's down to half the original runtime. This isn't as much of a problem if the battery is easily replaceable.

The safety disconnect is also too low, usually around 2.5v. This causes damage each time it is discharged until shutoff.

Solution