how to switch off hibernating windows10 lenovo laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saga Lout

Olde English
Hibernation in Windows is a system killer and should be turned off as early as possibly in the installation.

Can you do anything in your system or has the big sleep already started? If you can get into the file system, go to c:\windows\system32 and right click the file cmd.exe and choose RunAs Administator.

A black form will show up and at the Command Prompt, type
powercfg hibernate off
then hit the Enter key..

If you don't have any control at all, ,just press the power button for eight seconds and it should turn off. Power it up again and do the above.

Saga Lout

Olde English
Hibernation in Windows is a system killer and should be turned off as early as possibly in the installation.

Can you do anything in your system or has the big sleep already started? If you can get into the file system, go to c:\windows\system32 and right click the file cmd.exe and choose RunAs Administator.

A black form will show up and at the Command Prompt, type
powercfg hibernate off
then hit the Enter key..

If you don't have any control at all, ,just press the power button for eight seconds and it should turn off. Power it up again and do the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KyenZax Laptop Tech Support 2
Squabbie13 Laptop Tech Support 2
antopj Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 8
D Laptop Tech Support 4
Redlikethesea Laptop Tech Support 4
M Laptop Tech Support 1
Jinx forth foeva Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 2