Question How to turn off display ?

nemastaelvandzo

Commendable
Jun 27, 2018
I used to have an asus laptop that if you press fn+f7 will turn off the display and will not turn on until you pressed it again, i like this fiture but the thing is now I have a new laptop, ROG Strix G512LU and fn+f7 is now lowering the brightness, so is there anyway that i can change that or maybe make it to other buttons ??

Thank you !

nemastaelvandzo

Commendable
Jun 27, 2018
You can try this:
https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-remap-keys-use-windows-10-powertoys-keyboard-manager/
I've run powertoys in the past but never remapped keys.

Thanks for answering but it doesn't work for me because i don't have any keys to remap to in my new laptop, my old laptop used to have it which is fn+f7 but for this new one there's none. I just want keys that can turn off the display then to turn on it again is using the same key, not by moving the mouse, clicking, or anything like that.

nemastaelvandzo

Commendable
Jun 27, 2018
Sorry--I misunderstood. What do you mean by "turn off the display"? Are you referring to putting the computer to sleep?

It's when your screen goes really dark, so dark that you can't see anything on it but the laptop is still on and operating. I used it in a way to trick everyone thinking that the laptop is off when i'm not using it and it's really convenient.

I've used a lot of way to do it on my new laptop like makin the power button to turn off display, using an app called blacktop and another app called "Monitor Off Utility" but it still going to turn back on if i click or move the mouse and use my keyboard.