Solved! How to unlock samsung tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
The short answer is buy a new one because they don't lock by themselves. If you bought it on e-Bay, send it back.

If you want to keep it, hold down the Volume Down button and press the power button. Select Factory Reset by using the volume button to navigate.

When it completes the process, it may still demand the correct G-mail address and password to get into the system so it will be quite useful - as a brick.
The short answer is buy a new one because they don't lock by themselves. If you bought it on e-Bay, send it back.

If you want to keep it, hold down the Volume Down button and press the power button. Select Factory Reset by using the volume button to navigate.

When it completes the process, it may still demand the correct G-mail address and password to get into the system so it will be quite useful - as a brick.

Solution
Apr 30, 2019

What if the process mentioned above doesn't work? I have tried holding down the volume button and pressing the power button, it's not working on my Samsung Galaxy Tab E. Am I doing something wrong?

Try the Volume Up button in case tablets are different from Android phones but I can't see how they can be. If you take it to the Service Provider's store and see if they can help you.

If there's an unpaid balance on a previous account, they will want that to be settled before considering unlocking the device.

Status
Not open for further replies.