how to update samsung galaxy 5.8 to latest version since i cant open my play store.

Roths123

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
When i open my play store it says server error [RH-01].Ihave tried every option available online n have reset to factory setting but it still shows the same error.what should i do? Help me please.my device is samsung galaxy player 5.8.model no YP-GP1.VERSION 4.0.4.

Solution
Have you, by any chance, rooted the phone? If so, and are using a custom ROM, this could be the cause. Some of them do not come with any Google services and to fix this you need to flash aGApps using programs such as say 'Clock Work Mod'.

If you have already flashed and this is still happening, this could be caused by flashing an incompatible GApps package and you will need to get the correct one.

If that isn't the case (and you are positive that you have the correct/compatible GApps installed), try the following:

1. Open your "Google Play" app and press the "Home button". (Do not close the "Google Play" app.)
2. Next go to "Settings", then tap "Applications" and then "Manage Applications".
3. Select the "ALL" tab, and search/scroll...
Have you, by any chance, rooted the phone? If so, and are using a custom ROM, this could be the cause. Some of them do not come with any Google services and to fix this you need to flash aGApps using programs such as say 'Clock Work Mod'.

If you have already flashed and this is still happening, this could be caused by flashing an incompatible GApps package and you will need to get the correct one.

If that isn't the case (and you are positive that you have the correct/compatible GApps installed), try the following:

1. Open your "Google Play" app and press the "Home button". (Do not close the "Google Play" app.)
2. Next go to "Settings", then tap "Applications" and then "Manage Applications".
3. Select the "ALL" tab, and search/scroll through the list and find "Google Play Store". Tap it to open it up.
4. Now tap "Clear Cache".
5. Then tap "Force stop".
6. Now return to "Settings", then tap "Applications" and then "Manage Applications".
7. Tap "Google Services Framework".
8. Now you want to tap "Clear Data".
9. Then tap "Force Stop".
10. Next go back into the "Google Play Store" app and it should give an error.
11. Now you need to restart your phone. Once you have restarted it "Google Play Store" should work again. (Make sure you wait a few minutes before trying it again, to give it time to work, after the reboot.)

This should help, that is if it was a corrupt cache causing the problem (a corrupt cache might lead to strange error messages, and sometimes other things). If this doesn't help, you might try the same steps but also tap "Clear Data" when in settings/apps/manage applications.

If the phone isn't rooted, and you aren't using a custom ROM, then you may have to take it to a tech or manufacturer's repair center to get them to fix the issue.

Solution