How to use a webcam on windows 7

mubin

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
Are you using laptop? Then you have one. If you want to video call then you dont need driver for webcam, but if you need to take photo then you need driver.

thently

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
Drivers First like the other guys said then you need software to use it. Cyberlink has one called YouCam ver 5 I think is the newest. I only suggest this as it has fun bending and mirror effects like Photobooth on the Mac.

Thent

Hi :)

Dont be silly...MANY older laptops as used in foreign countries do NOT have webcams...

All the best Brett :)

mubin

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009

Hello,

He posted in laptop section about webcam. So it means he has a laptop and want to use its webcam. Thats why i asked the question and i am quite sure if he didnt post in wrong section. BTW i know many older laptop dont have cam, even touchpad. ;)

If you have two webcams (laptop and USB) you'll need to change which one you're using in the program you use (like SKYPE).

You may need to change the MICROPHONE separately if the wrong one is selected as well. I have gaming headphones, but games and other software usually use my Logitech webcam's microphone by default, so I change this.

TRENDING THREADS