Question how to use cell phone camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

hw_user

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
I got a UMIDIGI A9 pro phone. I want to find out how to use all the features of the camera. I downloaded the user manual from the support web site. All it says under camera is basically aim and capture. I don't know where else to look. If some one out there has the same or similar phone, please point me to the right direction. If the camera apps used by the phone is part of the Android system, is there any good documentation on how the app uses the different features provided by the hardware ?

Reactions: Surya17

hw_user

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
Thanks for the quick response. I'll review what is suggested. I am stuck with a very basic need, auto flash. In my other phone, when I start the camera, I can see a flash (lightning bow) icon on the top. When I tap on it, I can pick Flash off (lightning bow with a slash), Flash Auto or Flash on. But on the A9 pro phone. When I start the camera , I see a white flash (lightning bow) icon with a slash in the middle on the top left corner. I assume that means Flash off. When I tap on it, it just changed from white to yellow still with the slash in the middle. I am not sure what this yellow flash (lightning bow) icon means. But I assume the slash still means that it is off. I tried to take a picture in a room with not much light. The flash is not coming on. I looked everywhere with no luck. Any help ?

Reactions: Surya17
Thanks for the quick response. I'll review what is suggested. I am stuck with a very basic need, auto flash. In my other phone, when I start the camera, I can see a flash (lightning bow) icon on the top. When I tap on it, I can pick Flash off (lightning bow with a slash), Flash Auto or Flash on. But on the A9 pro phone. When I start the camera , I see a white flash (lightning bow) icon with a slash in the middle on the top left corner. I assume that means Flash off. When I tap on it, it just changed from white to yellow still with the slash in the middle. I am not sure what this yellow flash (lightning bow) icon means. But I assume the slash still means that it is off. I tried to take a picture in a room with not much light. The flash is not coming on. I looked everywhere with no luck. Any help ?

Try it in an even darker area and see if it goes off. Usually when the flash is on Auto there is an A by the flash symbol.

hw_user

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
Try it in an even darker area and see if it goes off. Usually when the flash is on Auto there is an A by the flash symbol.
I installed "Open Camera" app and I can get the 3 flash options (flash symbol with A, flash symbol, flash symbol with a slash). The flash auto works when I am in a low light room. I am not sure what's wrong with the camera software that comes with the phone. I can not list the camera software under settings/apps. It is probably part of Android 10 system.

Status
Not open for further replies.