How to Watch Star Trek Discovery

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

selena2968

Prominent
Sep 25, 2017
I have to agree I'm not paying extra to watch a show. I boycotted ABC when they got rid of the only show I watch I can do the same with CBS no skin off my back. I pay too much for services now to pay more just to watch this one show not worth my time or money.

Danra

Distinguished
May 25, 2005
All of the old networks [CBS, NBC, ABC] are liberal in nature and cannot keep their fingers out of pushing liberal political agendas. Unfortunately, many people to not want that forced down their throats, consequently, ratings have been dropping for years.

This is just another scheme to try to get more money via another venue because their customer base has dwindled greatly.

I have enjoyed Star Trek since the mid 1960s, however, I will not pay extra just to watch [edit: this] incarnation.

usmale47374

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2011

Amen to that!

vlmedlin

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017
This is so Messed up, I want to watch the new show, but I am never going to be bullied into paying to watch it because CBS is Freaking Greedy, I boycott CBS from now on for totally screwing All Star Trek Fans like this! Also Net-Flix for going along with this only showing it outside of the USA but realized to 180 other country's?

usmale47374

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2011

I'm with you.

susanzell92

Prominent
Sep 27, 2017
As an avid Trekkie, I have watched the first episode of Star Trek: Discovery, but I will not pay for CBS All Access to watch the rest. If I cannot see it eventually on Netflix, I am mature enough to say the heck with it (substitute appropriate expletive). I am still mad at CBS for ruining Craig Ferguson who was the best thing to ever happen to late night. They made him dress a certain way, would not allow him the freedom of expression to do the fantastic things he did in the early days. I still miss his puppets, his musical skits (see Istanbul Not Constantinople on Youtube) and his monologues were the absolute best (smart, funny and heartfelt). Back to Star Trek. I am old enough to know I will miss out on many things because I cannot live forever. I have seen the best of Star Trek in my life, though I would love to see what follows, I will not pay extra to a company I feel is holding Star Trek fans hostage.

Status
Not open for further replies.