How to watch tv on hp laptop

smarty795

Prominent
Aug 21, 2017
how can i watch tv on my hp win 10 laptop with the help of set top box?..which external components are needed?...will it work?...

Solution
The problem with using a set top box is that it only outputs one channel at a time. So you cannot watch one channel of live TV on your TV and another channel of live TV on your laptop. Whatever channel the set top box is set to is what channel you will see on the TV and the Laptop.

If you're looking to watch different channels from one cable outlet (satellite won't work), you'll need a cablecard device Like the Hauppauge WinTV-DCR-2650 and an M-Card cablecard from your cable provider and it would have to be set up like this:

dANga4o.jpg

- Cablel Splitter:
31AedU3FjCL.jpg

- M-Card from Cable Provider...

smarty795

Prominent
Aug 21, 2017
i just want to connect my laptop to set top box to watch live tv as we watch with cable tv or dish antena and set top box ....so can u help me out how can i do this and what hardwares and softwares are required.
is there any software on internet by which i can watch tv without tv tuner????.....if it is there please provide the name and details..........

The problem with using a set top box is that it only outputs one channel at a time. So you cannot watch one channel of live TV on your TV and another channel of live TV on your laptop. Whatever channel the set top box is set to is what channel you will see on the TV and the Laptop.

If you're looking to watch different channels from one cable outlet (satellite won't work), you'll need a cablecard device Like the Hauppauge WinTV-DCR-2650 and an M-Card cablecard from your cable provider and it would have to be set up like this:

dANga4o.jpg

- Cablel Splitter:
31AedU3FjCL.jpg

- M-Card from Cable Provider:
9912a39b_MediaCipher_CableCARD_MD_US-EN.jpeg

- Network TV Tuner Cable Card:
41HiL-XhspL._SX355_.jpg

Hope this helps some.

-Wolf sends

Solution