Solved! How was it done

Jan 10, 2021
Recently my Motorola E6 phone got hacked, and I want to understand how it was done and how to guard against it. It was a roommate who did it, and who may have had physical access to my phone, though briefly. I became aware the phone was hacked when Facebook kept closing every time I clicked on a particular post I had made, regarding my living situation, to see if there were any replies.. This was accompanied by some weird static on my phone screen. I was not on wifi at the time. Doing a factory reset didn't help. Aside from keeping my phone on me at all times, what will keep my phone safe? Using Tor or a VPN? Also, I have a new phone I keep off when inside the house. It accidentally got switched on in my pocket; would that in itself make it vulnerable to being hacked? Or is it probably ok? I didn't use the phone, just turned it off when I saw it was on.

Solution
Does not sound like anything was hacked but there is some issue with whatever formatting that post has. Only way a normal person can "hack" a phone is if you leave it lying around without a passcode and someone starts messing with it. Most actually hacking takes so much effort and knowledge that someone doing it to crash your phone in Facebook is about at likely as you walking into a room and ending up 1,000 miles from where you were.

Almost every single "I was hacked" question is just some software glitch or something normal that happening that is just not understood. I don't think I have yet to see anyone actually end up being hacked by someone outside of getting a clear virus.

Just use your phone normally, set a code on it to...
Does not sound like anything was hacked but there is some issue with whatever formatting that post has. Only way a normal person can "hack" a phone is if you leave it lying around without a passcode and someone starts messing with it. Most actually hacking takes so much effort and knowledge that someone doing it to crash your phone in Facebook is about at likely as you walking into a room and ending up 1,000 miles from where you were.

Almost every single "I was hacked" question is just some software glitch or something normal that happening that is just not understood. I don't think I have yet to see anyone actually end up being hacked by someone outside of getting a clear virus.

Just use your phone normally, set a code on it to lock it, don't install 50 random apps especially from "free movie" sites and such, it's all just common sense computer usage.

Solution