hp dv2000 odd screen issues

j4g3d

Honorable
Feb 12, 2012
I have a HP DV2000 on windows 7

When i turn the laptop ON the post screen is visible for a split second then goes DULL. When it loads into windows if i close the lid then open it the desktop is visible for a split second then goes DULL. If i go into display settings and change the resolution the screen will be visibile for a split second then goes DULL. When the PC goes to sleep, when i move the mouse to wake it up the screen again is visible for a split second and then it goes dull again.

I have connected an external monitor and it works on this monitor just fine. So i think we can rule out GPU, MOBO..etc. I have also checked settings, display settings..etc..etc all ok.

What i am confused about is if it is a faulty

1. Screen
2. Inverter
3. lcd cable.

I am thinking, maybe inverter? seen as the screen does work for a split second and then goes dull? i have never seen this before. In my experience, its either working fine, DULL or not working at all. With my case it seems to want to work then shut off and goes dull.

Any tips?

j4g3d

Honorable
Feb 12, 2012
Just to update

Removed the inverter board and reconnected it. Now it works. Not sure how long for, but i think its safe to say the inverter definitely was the problem in my case.