Solved! HP ELITE BOOK 840G3 NOT POWERING ON,JUST FLASHING LIGHT ON POWER BUTTON AND ALL LED INDICATORS ON THE SIDE CONTIMOUSLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

LapTrack Digital

Prominent
Apr 6, 2022
Last night was watching movies on my HP ELITE BOOK 840 G3 while on battery and when I was sleeping I connected it to the charger and leave on hibernation and went to bed.This morning I have found it just flashing lights on the power button and all side LEDs continously and trying powering it on, it's not turning on nor the fan spinning or any sign of life except for the flashing LEDs.What could be the problem and the solution

Solution
Reset the motherboard by disconnecting the battery and charger, taking out the CMOS coin battery, press and hold the power button for about 20 seconds, wait a few minutes, and put it back in again. Boot the PC with just the charger plugged in, not the battery.

mrmike16

Honorable
Reset the motherboard by disconnecting the battery and charger, taking out the CMOS coin battery, press and hold the power button for about 20 seconds, wait a few minutes, and put it back in again. Boot the PC with just the charger plugged in, not the battery.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.