HP Entertainment Laptop Won't Start

Bria Welch

Estimable
Dec 24, 2014
Hi there.
One of my first laptops a few years ago was an HP Pavillion Entertainment PC. It included a touch-screen than flipped around and was my favorite thing. I put it away when I pressed the power button and the lights were come on, but immediately shut down. The monitor didn't even had time to boot up. I was wondering if there were any suggestions for a fix? I've tried both a battery and cord, but I don't think that is it because it is getting power. Thanks so much!

Also, specs are;

HP Pavillion tx1200

Full specs here - http://laptopspecification.blogspot.com/2008/02/hp-pavilion-tx1200-entertainment.html (since I don't know what would help and what wouldn't)
:)

Solution
I'm going to suggest attempting a reset, with battery out and power adapter unplugged from the laptop, press and hold the power button for ~30 seconds. Put the battery back in, connect power adapter and then try again. See where you get.
I'm going to suggest attempting a reset, with battery out and power adapter unplugged from the laptop, press and hold the power button for ~30 seconds. Put the battery back in, connect power adapter and then try again. See where you get.

Solution