HP ENVY TouchSmart 14t-k100 Ultrabook?

Tyrhone

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013
Hi everyone, I am looking to get a laptop for around $1000. I will probably use it for a lot of gaming. I travel so the lighter the better. 13" - 14" is the perfect size.

As far as I can tell the HP ENVY TouchSmart 14t-k100 Ultrabook meets all those requirements better than any others I can find, only thing is I can't find a single legit review for it! Anyone got any thoughts?
Cheers
Tyrhone

Tyrhone

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013

Thanks mate, I thought this 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M Graphics was a great mobile GPU?What am I missing?

Cheers

Tyrhone

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013

Looks sweet, but 10.4 pounds is a real heavy machine

Tyrhone

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013

Appreciate that mate. I am looking at about $1000. And although I love to game I don't need to max it out (would be nice but weight to power ratio and cost matters). I also use it for graphic design but my just died laptop of 1366x800, 520m, dual core handled what i did prior. Unfortunately the games burned up the CPU.

I am traveling central and south america but currently in Mexico, I have a freind coming to visit from vegas in 2 weeks so will get something delivered to her to bring to me.

Basically looking for as much power as I can get for $1000, less than 6 pounds, 13"-14" screen, and I don't care what it looks like, touch screen would be nice but not necessary.

Thanks again for any advice mate

Tyrhone

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013

Yep newegg is good. I did have a look at the y510p, best in class you reckon? Only thing that made me hold back a bit there was the 15.6", which I might have to overlook in the end. But anything you would recommend in the 13"-14" range?

Tyrhone

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013

Appreciate the help mate, but the missus says I gotta go to bed, We live in a studio so fairs fair. I'll check it out in the morning and anything else you might be able to think of while I am getting cat whipped.

Thanks again for your help bud.
cheers

Tyrhone

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013

sorry for the delay, I got caught up in buying and actually went with the much more expensive but much more powerful p34g. Two weeks till I get it and cant wait. thanks for your help mate.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Laptop Tech Support 0
C Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 6
L Laptop Tech Support 4
S Laptop Tech Support 5
M Laptop Tech Support 1
I Laptop Tech Support 2
H Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 2