HP g60-519wm screen black. Want to put on a monitor. Help

AwesomeAustin

Prominent
Feb 13, 2017
I have a HP g60-519wm laptop and it was giving to me by my mom. She said my step father had done a factory reset on it. And was working. Now the problem I'm having is with the screen. The labtop comes on. You can see light from the power but on and other buttons and hear the fan running. But the screen is black. Now every so often the screen will light up but its still black just an illuminated black with a blue line down the center. I have a monitor I'm wanting to coonect it to and I don't know how. I've been looking online and have tried taking battery out and holding power button and stuff to pressing "FN" + "F4" and it doesn't show on the monitor. And the monitor itself works. Can anyone help me figure out how to reset it somehow or to get it to show on the monitor.

Solution
Well if it isn't getting a signal, as you said, it would go into standby. If it isn't working on an external monitor either, it may well be the graphics card/GPU.
Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.