Hp ipaq 1945 wont charge

kage36

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
I have an HP iPAQ 1945 with 2003 Pro. I was in an accident near the end of 2007 and was out of work for almost a year and a half - during which time my pda sat alone and eventually lost all battery power. I'm back to work and tried to fire up my unit but, when I plug in the charging cable, neather the charging light comes on/blinks, nor the unit starts up.

Is it possible that the battery is dead after all this time. And, even so, why would the charging light not do it's thing anyway.

Before I toss the unit - any suggestions for getting this pda back up and running. I really like it and don't want to have to spend the money to replace it if I can revive it.

Thanks in advance.

kage36

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
r_manic: Thanks for your response. The battery shows none of the normal signs of "leakage," but I'm going to replace it, just to be sure.

I'll post a follow-up once I receive the battery and try it again.

Thanks,

J

nhgiftbaskets

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2011
Thanks for posting this thread kage 36~ I had the same issue with my unit, sat for a long time, wouldn't charge/light up etc. Glad I found your post, I am going to order a battery as well and see if that does it!
BTW hope you are doing well after your accident!

tbarkley

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
I was recently given an iPaq pocet PC 2003 Pro w/outlook 2002. Sweet rigth? I thought so, but when I take it off the charger it turns off.

Is the battery dead? If so, why does it come on on the docking station?