Solved! HP Laptop dead after screen replacement

Jan 17, 2019
Hello,

The screen of my HP Envy 15 (hp envy 15-ah000na) cracked a while back and I recently got round to replacing it. After ordering the correct replacement screen, I carefully installed it as usual. After plugging in the charger and pressing the ON button, the laptop began working, keyboard lit up, screen was displaying properly, but after about 10 seconds it went black and not even the charging light was showing anymore.

It had been working on an external screen after the original broke, but now it's completely dead.

I've taken the back off and disconnected the internal battery, checked the connection of the charging port, and disconnected the CMOS battery, all to no avail.

I'm wondering if anyone experienced in Laptop repair has any advice for me, or any idea what may have caused this problem.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks in advance!

Solution
It's probably a capacitor, resistor or a chip that stopped working, it's probably that you shorted something with a screwdriver during the replacement but it could just be that it occured at the same time.
Jan 17, 2019
It's probably a capacitor, resistor or a chip that stopped working, it's probably that you shorted something with a screwdriver during the replacement but it could just be that it occured at the same time.

Solution