HP laptop issue

HeenaS

Estimable
Jun 25, 2015
Hi ,
I have the same issue. While I was watching movie, the screen get blured and pc is shutdown. Even after I tried to restart the system ,it dsnt start and I am able to hear the sound of fan. The capslock led was blinking, charging port's light was on but the screen was blank and black.
Mine is HP laptop,windows 7.
Please help.
Thanks in advance.

There is no "same issue" without a reference to something. If it does not turn on, try running the laptop only on wall power with no battery, try a different charger. Going by what happened with the screen before it shut off, I am going to guess the issue can be with the video chip or motherboard. You'd need to replace the motherboard for either thing. You can try removing the battery, unplugging the laptop and holding in the power button for about 30 seconds, then trying to boot again. Maybe try different RAM.

If none of those help, next step would be to replace the motherboard. Depending on the laptop, the cost to do so may be enough that you may as well just replace the system with a working one.

HeenaS

Estimable
Jun 25, 2015
Hi,
I tried with this solution of running laptop on wall power only. It starts and within 5 minutes screen again get blured and shutdown automatically. Even after that I tried this again and again but didnt work. It didnt start after that.

yimmi

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
try changng the ram dimms and put one at a time also see if you can get to safe mode and also install speedfan to check your laptop for overheating,it might be of overheating or the gpu is dying and you might need to change it