HP laptop turns off during updates?

Jun 14, 2018
So, this has happened with 2 different HP laptops I have had, with Windows 10, the envy and now the pavilion. It will be updating and I’m obviously not paying much attention and staring at the screen to watch the update’s progress. But I’ll come back around and the screen is black and my laptop is off, so naturally I figure the update is done (because I usually do “update and shut down”). Then the next day I’ll turn my laptop back on and it’s on the updating screen again! It’s very frustrating because I do not have the time to sit and watch my laptop while it updates, touch the keypad every so often to make sure the screen doesn’t turn off, and let it fully update. I’m assuming my
laptop just goes into sleep mode and then turns off, like it typically would, when I don’t use it for a long period of time. But during updates it’s irritating because I’ll need to use my laptop for some urgent reason the next day and boom, it has another hour of updating. Any ideas what to do??

Solution
If it is stopping while in sleep mode that is rather odd, however you can stop that by turning off the sleep mode option. At least while it has any updates. Then you will also be able to clearly see on the screen (when you return to the laptop) what it was/is doing. Since it is in 'sleep' mode when you return now, it may not show you any message or things it needs to do (other than the normal updating) due to it sleeping.
If it is stopping while in sleep mode that is rather odd, however you can stop that by turning off the sleep mode option. At least while it has any updates. Then you will also be able to clearly see on the screen (when you return to the laptop) what it was/is doing. Since it is in 'sleep' mode when you return now, it may not show you any message or things it needs to do (other than the normal updating) due to it sleeping.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS