Solved! HP OMEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
I assume when you play a movie or music the sound level is also low. I had a similar problem on my prior HP laptop a few years ago. It would not play very loudly. I fiddled around with all the sound settings I could find but the solution was to install an older driver. Make sure your current driver is the latest and try installing an older one also. Good luck.
What do you mean be "inadequate". I've owned several laptops--some cheap and some high end. The sound was better balanced and somewhat louder in the high end machines but never great. The designers are constrained by space limitations to use little speakers which in turn are not very capable. Specifically, they don't play very loud. If you plug in external speakers or wear headphones is the sound OK? That is the case with my machines. I've had several HPs but never an Omen.

Elle H

Estimable
Jul 29, 2020
I tried recording on a ppt with a voice over. When I played it back the sound was in the distance and you could not follow what was said. It was woefully inadequate. I don't expect the speakers to be exceptionally loud but for the price I would expect to hear through them. I wondered if all Omens were the same or if it is a fault with them all.

I assume when you play a movie or music the sound level is also low. I had a similar problem on my prior HP laptop a few years ago. It would not play very loudly. I fiddled around with all the sound settings I could find but the solution was to install an older driver. Make sure your current driver is the latest and try installing an older one also. Good luck.

Solution
I tried recording on a ppt with a voice over. When I played it back the sound was in the distance and you could not follow what was said. It was woefully inadequate. I don't expect the speakers to be exceptionally loud but for the price I would expect to hear through them. I wondered if all Omens were the same or if it is a fault with them all.

Is that the only thing you tested? What did you use to record with? Cold be your recording the issue not the speakers, the one situation you tried is not really a good test of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.