HP Pavilion 11-e115nr Laptop Randomly Turns Off After About 10 Minutes?

XtremeAero426

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
I have a HP Pavilion 11-e115nr and I recently got a little bit of water on it. I immediately dried it off and took it apart to look for water. None got in. I then turned it on and it booted fine. I began using it like normal and then after about 10 minutes it randomly turned off. I figured was battery life so I plugged it in and had the same issue. I then took it apart and unplugged and plugged back in every wire I could. Then I put it back together and tried to use it. Same thing happened. Does anyone know what's wrong with it and/or how to fix it?

Bengal Tiger

Estimable
May 15, 2015
You pretty sure there wasnt any drop of water on the hardware? and are you sure you installed everything back in place? does the cpu fan work? did you put the cooling bar properly back on by reapplying paste?

XtremeAero426

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014

Everything works and temps are stable. Yes I checked everywhere. I even went as far as to take the motherboard out.

XtremeAero426

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
I figured out the problem. The power switch is broken. I fixed this by unplugging the ribbon cable. Does anyone know of any way to replace it and turn on the laptop some other way? Otherwise I will literally have to hotwire my laptop on.