HP Pavilion 14-b130sa Battery issue - Plugged in, not charging

Martyn_

Estimable
Apr 20, 2015
I've only noticed this as I tend to have my Laptop plugged in most of the time but when hovered over the little battery icon it says "43% available (plugged in, not charging)".

When I plug the AC cable in, the screen becomes brighter and the plug icon appears and it starts charging "plugged in, charging" with the icon becoming animated (showing the battery icon charging up) but then after a minute or so the animation stops (is that supposed to happen?) then it goes to "plugged in, not charging".

I have ran the batter right down and then plugged it back in where it will charge for a bit then stop. I have also switched the laptop off, removed the battery, switched it back on, uninstalled the battery, switched it off, put the battery back in a powered on but that still doesn't work.

I have unplugged the mains whilst writing this and the power has dropped to 25%. I have now plugged it back in and it began charging (no animated icon) then went to "plugged in, not charging" back to 43%.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks.

Martyn_

Estimable
Apr 20, 2015
Right, I've ran a pre installed HP diagnostic program and it's saying the my battery is dead (now constantly saying 0% available plugged in, charging) but it's not gaining any % and if I unplug the laptop cuts out.

Where is the best/ cheapest website (UK based preferably) where I can buy genuine or decent aftermarket replacement batteries for HP 14-b130sa