HP Pavilion 15 problem with external microphone (headset)

kris4015

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
Hey guys!

Recently acquired a new laptop, HP Pavilion 15, which I wanted to have in order to be able to do some mobile gaming as I move a lot. I also have a headset with a nice mic along with it, however, the laptop and headset do not cooperate very well. First of all, the laptop has only one headphone jack, so I went to my local electronic shop and did the obvious - I bought a split in order to connect the two separate jacks from the headset into one for the laptop.
Unfortunately, no result came out of that purchase. Windows states the following:
x35lkh.png

I have attempted to reinstall the Realtek HD Audio drivers, after which Windows stated that it is indeed reinstalling "Mic at front panel (black)". Once again, to no avail, it did not do anything and the problem persist to this day. I have been searching for a solution for more than a month now, again, to no avail.

Is there any solution to this problem?? I would be in debt to anyone who knows of a solution!

Thanks in advance :)

P.S. Laptop model is F7R44EA#AB7, Windows 8.1 64 bit

kris4015

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012

The headset in question is a Speedlink Triton, no drivers required, just plug-in and use