Hp Pavilion Dv-7 screen flicker after login

Einar299

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016
Hello,

I woke up today and turned my laptop on, it booted longer than usual and when I had typed in my password and hit enter the screen went black and started to flicker (black & white) Everything was fine yesterday, any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If the same problem will persist, connect an external monitor and see if the same problem will persist on it.
- If you'll see the same problem on the external monitor that could mean that the GPU is faulty already.
- But if the display is normal on the external display the problem may lie on the built in display.
- Try to open the laptop and check the ribbon cable that connects the LCD to the motherboard.
- Disconnect both ends from the motherboard and LCD then put it back in just to make sure it's seated properly.
- If all these will not work that means it needs to send for a repair to HP if it's still under the factory warranty.

Einar299

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016

Hey thanks for the reply, I tried booting it up again with the same results. It still started to flicker. Then I tried to load into bios and I could, the built in display seems to be okay. Could it be windows that's causing the issue?