Question HP Pavilion G6 display still not working

chanille

Estimable
Apr 20, 2017
Okay, so a few months ago, my HP Pavilion G6 laptop had an issue. The screen kept flickering and it only went away when I move the screen back and forth. It was how the laptop worked for a few weeks before it went black out. However, I noticed that when I shine a flashlight on the screen I can see very dull display. I brought it to a shop, told me it was probably a problem on the display/flex cable. They couldn't get the part tho, so I brought it home and went to search on YT for some fixes. I found a reliable one, ordered the flex cable online, and today I got it. I managed to replace the old display cable but when I powered the laptop on, no change. It's still black, worse, I can't see the dull display anymore. However, when I powered on, there's quite of a light change in the screen but still it's a black display. What went wrong? I have an extra flex cable here, and I'm thinking to go through all that disassembling again to try fix my laptop. I want to know your inputs first before I go, to make sure that it's really the flex cable that is the problem.

chanille

Estimable
Apr 20, 2017
Okay, so I just figured that my HP Pavilion G6 2000 had its inverter or backlight broken. I don't know which, so I'm here to ask how to diagnose then issue and if there's some fix I can do. I am willing to open up and disassemble my laptop. I just replaced the video/display/flex cable with a new one but still getting a black screen with very faint displays so I know it's not an issue with the cable.