HP Pavilion Screen Issue

The Wizard

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could provide any assistance.

I was attempting to clean out the fan out a HP Pavilion DV6500 laptop, which requires a complete disassemble to completely access the fan. So, I started to do a full disassemble. I removed all components from the bottom of the laptop (hard drive, RAM modules, wifi chip, DVD drive.)

I then removed the keyboard and the power button cover off the top of the laptop and disconnected the three cables attached to the power button cover.

At this point, the fan is semi visible and I attempted to clean all the dust out of it without going further, using compressed air and q-tips with a bit of rubbing alcohol. There was a significant amount of dust and dirt build up in the fan.

I then re attached the cables for the power button cover and keyboard and went to power the laptop on for a test before re assembling everything else, but the screen doesn’t come on at all. I tried putting the hard drive and ram chips in as well and the screen still doesn’t come on.

The cables I disconnected with the power button cover aren’t related to the screen I don’t believe.
Is there anything I could be missing or anything else I should try?

Thank you for any assistance.

Solution
Hi,

It could be that the display cable may had been disconnected while you were cleaning or opening the laptop. Open the laptop again and make sure that the display cable are seated properly on both the display and on the motherboard. It may had been disconnected during the disable process of your keyboard part because it where it's located.

Here's a video tutorial on how to disable everything in your laptop that might help as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPRaucdQR0k
Hi,

It could be that the display cable may had been disconnected while you were cleaning or opening the laptop. Open the laptop again and make sure that the display cable are seated properly on both the display and on the motherboard. It may had been disconnected during the disable process of your keyboard part because it where it's located.

Here's a video tutorial on how to disable everything in your laptop that might help as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPRaucdQR0k

Solution