HP Pavilion TouchSmart Laptop Connection Issues

Maggie_Adrianna

Estimable
Nov 11, 2014
I have an HP Pavilion TouchSmart running on Windows 8.1. It says that I'm connected to internet but no webpages will load or open. Netflix and Spotify will work and stream but no webpage will. In the address bar when I type in Google.com or something it will change to about:blank and it will just be a blank white screen. When this would happen before I could just reset my router and everything would be fine, but now that doesn't work. If anyone has a way to help fix this, I would appreciate if it could be explained in the most simplistic way possible. I'm not very tech savy. Thanks!

Solution
There are 2 simple tests you can do

a) when you plug into the router does it work?

b) If you have data on your phone plan, enable wireless hotspot and try connecting to it.

have you also check internet options > internet properties > Connections > LAN settings > Automatically detect settings > Checkmark?

If all else fails, 9mm it to death.

Warukyure

Estimable
There are 2 simple tests you can do

a) when you plug into the router does it work?

b) If you have data on your phone plan, enable wireless hotspot and try connecting to it.

have you also check internet options > internet properties > Connections > LAN settings > Automatically detect settings > Checkmark?

If all else fails, 9mm it to death.

Solution