HP Pavillion Battery Not Charging

alanrw

Prominent
May 22, 2017
Laptop plugged in battery not charging. Have tried with 3 known good batteries which charge in my other HP Pavillion and display "plugged in and charging". Have tried the ACPI trick in Device Manager as outlined on this board and others to no avail. Laptop has onboard diagnostics-battery and AC plug transformer register as "good". 2 outer pins in battery compartment show 19.0V DC when AC adapter plugged in. Tried good AC adapter from my other HP Pavillion which works fine in other laptop but in laptop in question-"battery plugged in not charging"

Ideas?

Rodan1337

Prominent
May 23, 2017
Just to clarify before I begin, I dont think I have the answer. I have a HP Pavilion Laptop, and a HP Notebook 2000 Laptop. My pavilions battery was shot, so I decided to try the Notebooks. It worked for me and now it charges. I suggest taking it in, because if your not a huge expert, you can fry the entire power supply or entire system. Try to charge it from another device (if possible) It may be something with the battery compartment, the wiring might be fried from the battery to the charging plug itself, as I dont think it plugs right into the side of the battery.