HP Pavillion laptop/notebook cracked faceplate (wrist rests on when typing).

Feb 23, 2018
Inch long crack in upper left corner, going from edge to power button. I have a huge clip on it now, wondering if I can remove the part and use Gorilla Glue to fix it. It's near the hinge and there's a lot of stress when opening and adjusting the laptop. Part costs $150.

Solution
There's a zillion different pavilions - a pic might help.

I work on a lot of pavilion g6s and if what you have is something like that I think gorilla glue would be quite alright - it may be the case that you wouldn't even need to remove anything just open the crack as much as possible ... apply a bit of glue along the crack (use a toothpick or something) ... close the crack and let it cure for the recommended time and all should be good (except the cosmetics).

Oh ... be sure not to get any glue on where the 'face plate' meets the 'bottom plate' or the power button ... there will come a day when you will want to separate them.

robert600

Distinguished
There's a zillion different pavilions - a pic might help.

I work on a lot of pavilion g6s and if what you have is something like that I think gorilla glue would be quite alright - it may be the case that you wouldn't even need to remove anything just open the crack as much as possible ... apply a bit of glue along the crack (use a toothpick or something) ... close the crack and let it cure for the recommended time and all should be good (except the cosmetics).

Oh ... be sure not to get any glue on where the 'face plate' meets the 'bottom plate' or the power button ... there will come a day when you will want to separate them.

Solution