Question Hp probook 640 G1 battery not charging.

Aug 4, 2021
Hello everyone, so here's what happened. I'm running a windows and ubuntu dual boot. I left my laptop on sleep in windows and about 30 minutes later when I came back, it was on (dark screen) and the fan was spinning like crazy. I tried putting it off by holding the power button for long, didn't work so I removed the battery. I thought that was the end of it until I put the battery back about a minute later. It came on again (on its own) and the fan continued spinning. I removed the battery again then I plugged in the charger, logged in to windows and I shut down. After this I removed the charger and put the battery back in, didn't come on on its own, so I thought that was the end of it. The issue now is my batteries (2, including the spare) no longer charge even though its "plugged in". It just stays at the percentage it was but it discharges when the laptop isn't plugged in. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the battery drivers. It's the same issue on Ubuntu too, just plugged in, percentage not increasing but reducing when not plugged in. Help.

Aug 4, 2021
Isn´t this the normal thing?

Power off the laptop and try charging it in this state
No it isn't, the percentage is supposed to be increasing. It just stays constant while plugged in and reduces while not plugged in. I've tried charging while powered off, same thing. Percentage is the same as when it was turned on even after hours of charging.