HP Split X2 Won't Turn On[SOLVED]

Robertksam

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
The Laptop was running low on battery, so I got the original HP Charger connected to the wall socket and turned on the switch, while I was looking in the dark for the Pin in the laptop I moved the charging plug to the 3.5mm jack, which suddenly created spark, and the laptop got turned off immediately.
Since then the AC socket on the dock would not light up, and the dock shows no sign of life.
but if i press and hold the power button on the tablet, the home button on the touchscreen(generally the place where hp has it's logo) would light up as long as I keep holding the power button. the screen would still be dark.
The AC charging socket in the tablet shows led light when plugged in.

the battery is non removable, I tried all the combination with the power and volume up and down button. but no luck.

I am sure I have done this mistakenly many times with many laptops but non behaved in this manner.
I don't want to open the case unless I am sure just removing the battery and plugging it back in could solve this problem. isn't laptop like these come with short circuit protection? can just a mere touch to the jack cause the whole device to fail?

Product model
HP Split x2 13-m210eg

TRENDING THREADS