Hp stream Done complete reset but have broken screen doing everything via hdmi and can't get laptop to come up on tv via hdmi

Kirstydemetriou

Commendable
Feb 25, 2016
I have a hp stream laptop with a broken screen I have been using it fine with a hdmi cable I was searching for jobs and needed space so I done a reset and reinstallation of Windows to reset the laptop to when I got it but when the laptop restarted it won't send anything to the screen on the tv! I have checked the hdmi cable it's fine is there anyone that can help I'm guessing I have to do something on laptop before it can connect to the tv so if anyone knows where to click with screenshots or somehow show me where I have to click because my screen on my laptop is just white and black :-/

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Press the "fn+F4" and see if you'll get the display back on your external monitor.
- If it doesn't work you may need to open your laptop and disconnect the ribbon cable that connects the LCD to the motherboard.
- Once disconnected go ahead and connect the external monitor again then test it.

Hopefully this will help. :)