HP Website Hints at Additional TouchPad Inventory

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

teamcarlisle

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
The stores in my local town (Staples and Office Depot) still have them in stock, because they never dropped the price. (Klamath Falls really sucks) The typical buisness model of stores here will sell discontinued products to customers at full price without informing the customer.

NewJohnny

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2009
I bought one in hopes of messing around with Android or Ubuntu on it. I also considered giving it as a Christmas gift until I realized what they would say: "Cool! Can I get all those neat apps you showed me on your iPad"? :eek:/

G

HP is probably dropping this model due to patent concerns from Apple. I wouldn't be surprised if they continue to sell them for $99 to liquidate the inventory. I mean, come on, the thing looks just like an iPad.

G

The website used to say coming soon, please check back later. I check this morning, and now it says Out of stock again. Did I miss the re-release?!

G

The thing about this is those bastards that tried to score many or even more than a handful to profit from them on ebay on other places. They screwed it for the average Joe in an economy where the average Joe could have used a break and get a product at a great price. Here's the big middle finger to all those doing this for a profit and HP who let them.

G

The thing about this is those bastards that tried to score many or even more than a handful to profit from them on ebay on other places. They screwed it for the average Joe in an economy where the average Joe could have used a break and get a product at a great price. Here's the big middle finger to all those doing this for a profit and HP who let them.

G

I hope HP does produce another million or so and sell them for $99 and $149 respectively. That'll teach all those greedy bastards that hogged the first bunch and hiked the price three or for times on ebay a valuable lesson. (he he).

Status
Not open for further replies.