Solved! HP Zbook 15v G5 laptop - Suggested Portable Power Banks?

Oct 25, 2021
Hi,

I have a HP Zbook 15v G5 laptop that has a USB-C port (which I believe allows for an external power bank to be used to charge or temporarily power this laptop). I'm looking for advice on buying a portable power bank that I can use to charge and provide temporary power to this laptop. At HP.com I found the following power related specs for this laptop:

Nominal operating voltage: 19.5 V DC
Maximum operating power UMA < 120 W DIS < 150 W

Based on the above specs what type of specs do I need to be looking for in terms of finding a port. power bank that has enough power to adequately charge and/or power this laptop?

Any suggestions on a specific brand/model of portable power bank?

I already have an Anker PowerCore 20100 Model A1271 portable power bank which has an output of 5V - 4.8A. This Anker battery adequately charges iPhones but does not have enough power to charge my HP Zbook 15v G5 laptop. If I am able to find a portable power bank with enough power to charge or temporarily power this laptop will I also be able to use this same power bank to charge an iphone? Or does using a power bank with a high power output rating pose a potential threat to damaging an iPhone?

Thanks

Solution
Don't know anything that will be able to run a Zbook like this, those are workstation systems, you basically need a small UPS device to run it.

Your USB C port may not be good enough to power the system, I think the max is 100 watts in any laptop made now.

You may be able to slowly trickle charge it though with an adapter like this...
Don't know anything that will be able to run a Zbook like this, those are workstation systems, you basically need a small UPS device to run it.

Your USB C port may not be good enough to power the system, I think the max is 100 watts in any laptop made now.

You may be able to slowly trickle charge it though with an adapter like this https://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-Spect...pJzpUNI0rPYAoNcKWahoC76EQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Or get an adapter with an AC outlet on it https://www.amazon.com/Powkey-Porta...&keywords=ac+power+bank&qid=1635219433&sr=8-4

Solution