hp zbook gpu upgrade for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tzutzy91

Estimable
Jan 31, 2016
Hi, i have a hp zbook G1, i7 4900mq, 16gb ram and nvidia quadro k1100m and i want to upgrade the gpu for gaming. Can you pls tell me a geforce that i can use?

Solution
The 2GB GTX 860M would be perfect for that. You won't even need to worry about overheating since the 860M puts out a bit less power than the Quadro since the Maxwell architecture is super-efficient. Problem is, you'd be hard-pressed to actually find an 860M MXM module, probably because they're new enough that they're still being used for, well, gaming. The GDDR5 version of the 850M would be great too, but good luck finding that one too. You could also benefit from a GT 740M or 745M, both GDDR5 versions, but I wasn't able to find any of these MXM modules. Good luck to you in your search.

voltoid27

Estimable
Sep 17, 2014
The 2GB GTX 860M would be perfect for that. You won't even need to worry about overheating since the 860M puts out a bit less power than the Quadro since the Maxwell architecture is super-efficient. Problem is, you'd be hard-pressed to actually find an 860M MXM module, probably because they're new enough that they're still being used for, well, gaming. The GDDR5 version of the 850M would be great too, but good luck finding that one too. You could also benefit from a GT 740M or 745M, both GDDR5 versions, but I wasn't able to find any of these MXM modules. Good luck to you in your search.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.