HTC Aria not connecting to PC

vilenjan

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2010
I tried syncing my aria to my pc (win7 64bit), but my phone does not even recognize that it is connected to a pc (and my pc doesn't register my phone at all). I tried all my USB ports (all are 2.0) and phone charges just fine, but does not see my pc.

I set my phone to both storage and sync from, neither work. Installing software did not help :(

Same thing happens with my Tom Tom GPS, I have software installed, but both pc and GPS don't see each other.

Now my portable USB hard drive and my sansa clip (mp3 player) show up just fine, as does my Canon camera when hooked via USB. So I guess my PC isnt seeing my "smart devices". Is there a setting in Win7 that I need to turn on?

vilenjan

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2010
My pc a is a self build unit, using a AMD 785G chip-set. I just downloaded and installed latest chip-set drivers, including the Northbridge USB filters, my pc still refuses acknowledge the presence of my phone (and vice verse). I even tried hooking up the phone to mt 3+ year old Dell laptop, same thing, phone charges, but that is it. :fou:

Help please :cry:

vilenjan

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2010
Figured out, was a bad USB cable, used my brother cable the same with his samsung captivate and everything worked. Gonna try to get a new cable from HTC on monday.

P.S. HTC has kick ass support, the chick that answered was pretty knowledgeable, no wait time and pretty much 24/7 toll free support in the US/Canada. Good stuff!