HTC One M8 Texting/Signal Issue

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

apcs13

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
Hi everyone,

I just recently purchased the new HTC One M8 on a new contract with Verizon roughly three weeks ago. So far, I absolutely love the phone, and really enjoy almost everything about it. However, I do have one rarely occuring problem with it, however when it does occur it is very annoying. Sometimes, even when I have good signal (2-3 bars with 4G LTE connection), it will fail to send text messages. I can surf the web and use data connection as normal with high speeds, but text messages will stay stuck in the "pending" stage forever. Even deleting the message and then trying again with a new text still has the problem. Also, most of the time, texts send normally very quickly even with worse signal, say 1 or 2 bars with 3G, so this is very abnormal when it does happen.

The worst part is the only way to fix the problem is to restart my phone, which has really hurt me for group projects and when I need to use it to work on important documents on a time constraint.

Is this something that is known to be an issue with the phone, something that is normal, or something that is a legitimate issue? It has only happened twice or maybe 3 times since I have had the phone, but it is still troublesome to me. Any suggestions on what to do to diagnose and fix the issue? Thanks!

marlaynakr

Estimable
Jan 26, 2015

If you turn on airplane mode then turn it off that will also solve the issue with out needing to restart your phone. And yes HTC and Verizon are aware of this issue. I am currently having the same problem. They suggest getting a new SIM card and haveing verizion reset the signal going to your phone hopefully they will come out with an update soon. hope this helps. -m

sabesh

Estimable
Jan 31, 2015

sabesh

Estimable
Jan 31, 2015
I understand everyone who has experienced with these problems. At the current age of 15 years I also did many things to try and get the internet to work and the play store to function properly and not say "connection timed out". I went into factory reset , deleted cache etc. But two fascinating things were that firstly when I use my 4g mobile data the phone will work and once switched off to the Wi-Fi it wouldn't which I could see that there was an issue with the Wi-Fi, also when I on and off the airplane mode and access the internet it would work for a few seconds but when I get out of the page , swipe it to refresh and come back to he internet it wouldn't work which was kind of mysterious. As this issue occurred yesterday while using my HTC One M8 which is a great phone I went to bed and the next day it was working just fine . Hope some of this information is helping all of you as I think its just an issue with the Wi-Fi and you just have to wait for a while until it may work but try and use the other techniques what I used .

manilafx

Estimable
Mar 20, 2015
I also have a One M8 and initially encountered that problem here in the Philippines. The fix was easy. Just depress the power button until you see phone options and then select reset. When the phone restarts you're messages will send and the problem should disappear.

shannon68

Estimable
Jul 25, 2015
I just read through all the solutions, and the one that has you deleting all your old messages was easy and quick and worked like a charm. My messages were getting slower and slower sending and then stopped sending all together. As soon as I deleted my old messages, low and behold they go through and quickly too!! Leave it to a mom to figure out a simple solution!!!