HTC VIVE PRO HDMI compatible cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 13, 2018
I need either a hdmi(plugging into my laptop) to mini displayport cable that supports 4k and 60hz or I need a displayport to hdmi converter that supports 4k 60hz. I need this as I just bought the new Vive Pro and my laptop only supports an HDMI port. Please leave me any suggestions.

Reactions: Melissa2087
Solution
I have the Oculus Rift, and i wanted extension cables (for HDMI and USB3): i had to make several purchases, and test each cable individually. Some worked, many didn't. I have seem in forums that Vive is similar in that respect, and that cable compatibility is sketchy. So you may have to spend some time finding cables (or adapters) that work. I can't recommend any specific cables, sorry, just recommend patience :)
I am surprised, on an unrelated note, to hear you plan on hooking a Vive Pro to a laptop: may i ask which laptop that is? It's got to have a pretty fast GPU to run Vive, let alone Vive Pro!

Blas

Distinguished
May 18, 2007
I have the Oculus Rift, and i wanted extension cables (for HDMI and USB3): i had to make several purchases, and test each cable individually. Some worked, many didn't. I have seem in forums that Vive is similar in that respect, and that cable compatibility is sketchy. So you may have to spend some time finding cables (or adapters) that work. I can't recommend any specific cables, sorry, just recommend patience :)
I am surprised, on an unrelated note, to hear you plan on hooking a Vive Pro to a laptop: may i ask which laptop that is? It's got to have a pretty fast GPU to run Vive, let alone Vive Pro!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.