Huawei No Longer Focusing on U.S. Carrier Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
that was a bad move by USA, just acting on pure speculation there. i dont know much about huawei, nor do I really care, but I can see why they would leave. they are making this decision quite calmly too.

TuffLittleUnit

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
Um ... I think this article is about Huawei providing networking kit to US carriers as a SUPPLIER, not actually competing against them. Huawei's competitors would be Alcatel Lucent, Cisco, Motorola, Siemens, Ericsson etc...

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Ummm, don't blame them. The fact that so many Americans think the iPhone is a great phone speaks oodles about the lack of sophistication of the American consumer. I guess they reasoned not to waste jewels with donkeys. That could change though as people smarten up and embrace cutting edge technology from vendors like Samsung.

EddieLomax

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
A bit worried here that while the US are seeing the links from Huawei to the Chinese government we are not taking any action on it in Europe.
I guess it is not a problem if our critical communications infrastructure is effectively run with the control of the Chinese government :p

Status
Not open for further replies.