Hulu Drops Price to $5.99 Per Month After Netflix Hike

I find it so funny that this site is notifying us of the change before Netflix (which I am a customer of) notifies the current customers. That notification isn't supposed to go out until like next week. (I called and asked.)

Alas, I think your comparison with Hulu is a tad flawed. The reason I say that is Netflix has no commercials. Hulu does. For me that is a huge huge HUGE factor in what service I use. I certainly don't want to pay for commercials. That alone (and there are other bonuses) makes Netflix a way better choice.

myhrddin

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
Hmm.. I've got Hulu without commercials, definitely a great option and well worth it in my opinion. Of course now, the miser in me is wondering if my rate will decrease by $2/month. Every penny counts. I do currently have Netflix also but I have the feeling that any hikes on that side are going towards even more Netflix productions and not so much for the Movies that had always been what I had it for. I dunno.. Between those & Amazon Prime Video, there's going to be a tightening of my belt before too long. Hulu is great for TV shows and more good movies have been popping up there for a while now. With Amazon Prime Video being a perk of the Prime membership, it kinda feels like Netflix is the one going further out on a limb (to me.) I hope that Netflix can bring in the Blockbusters or.., well... Let's see what they do with their offerings ..they are going to have to earn that extra out of my pocket.

Sure Hulu has a version with no commercials, however you have to pay more for that version. The information in this article doesn't mention that part. Only the version with commercials. Which never actually is mentioned in it. I just have this thing about including 'all the facts' rather than just 'select' ones.