Hulu Plus On PS3 Requires PlayStation Plus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dextermat

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
Well one thing for sure: Im not getting ripped-off by sony!!!

nor by microsoft....

Playing online should be free except for games that evolves (mmorpg)

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
We pay for the console.
We pay its tax.
We pay for the game.
We pay its tax.
We pay for the ISP.
We pay for the Playstation Network Plus.
We pay for the Hulu Plus.

WE PAY FOR ALL!!!

Wheat_Thins

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
[citation][nom]dextermat[/nom]Well one thing for sure: Im not getting ripped-off by sony!!!nor by microsoft.... Playing online should be free except for games that evolves (mmorpg)[/citation]

Playing online is still free on the Sony box. PSN Plus just gives you the ability to perma rent games (probably all crap games) for as long as you have your subscription. I won't buy it but your under the wrong assumption that you have to pay for online with the PS3.

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
PSN is still crap and slow.. Along with that I find the menu really inconvinient and what made me never again use my PS3 online. I only use it once a month to download an arcade IF needed to.

I'll stick with my PC and XBL Gold and I'll use Hulu from Xbox since its so many MANY times faster over PSN. They can eat their PSN Plus and their Hulu service over there at Sony. Sorry but thats how I feel about bad services that ask for money -.-

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
[citation][nom]Wheat_Thins[/nom]Playing online is still free on the Sony box. PSN Plus just gives you the ability to perma rent games (probably all crap games) for as long as you have your subscription. I won't buy it but your under the wrong assumption that you have to pay for online with the PS3.[/citation]

You forgot it also now gives you the ability for hulu plus. I think that sony will start rolling out the exclusive services for only the playstaion plus here pretty soon. I wouldnt be surprised if netflix became a PSN plus service pretty soon. They took away your Linux. Might as well make netflix pay to play.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]dextermat[/nom]Playing online should be free except for games that evolves (mmorpg)[/citation]

Why? Seriously. Why?

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
[citation][nom]lamorpa[/nom]Why? Seriously. Why?[/citation]

I'd agree with him to some points. like a fps or strategy game where you use a dedicated server of somebody you know and just play online with friends, or like counterstrike where you have dedicated servers and the game just links you up... but if the developer is providing the servers then yea i think they should be able to charge

shloader

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2001
Were it not for Uncharted my PS3 would probably be sold for the cost of a Blu-Ray drive + Windows 7 for my theater PC... which could run Hulu btw. There's no technical necessity behind this decision. I take this as an admission on Sony's part; their Plus service doesn't have enough attractive selling points on its own so they need tactics like these to sign people in (who otherwise wouldn't bother). In fact I can just borrow a PS3 once every three years for all the use I get out of mine these days.

Sony was a beacon againts tactics like these. Tokenz right, this ideology already eroded... they're just sliding further down the hill.

sviola

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]We pay for the console.We pay its tax.We pay for the game.We pay its tax.We pay for the ISP.We pay for the Playstation Network Plus.We pay for the Hulu Plus.WE PAY FOR ALL!!![/citation]

Sorry to be the one to tell you, but there's no free lunch in life...

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
[citation][nom]lamorpa[/nom]Why? Seriously. Why?[/citation]
Because in a lot of games, we pay for the server, players should be able to play for free.

That's the PC way anyway.

xophaser

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2007
[citation][nom]tokenz[/nom]You forgot it also now gives you the ability for hulu plus. I think that sony will start rolling out the exclusive services for only the playstaion plus here pretty soon. I wouldnt be surprised if netflix became a PSN plus service pretty soon. They took away your Linux. Might as well make netflix pay to play.[/citation]

I don't think you are thinking logical. Netflix is not free, it is like an app. So as a netflix owner I am already paying for it and can use the stream feature on my wii, Pc, and PS3. Hulu from what I hear is a paid service subscription straight to hulu. If it was on the Plus, I am guessing it would be free since it is part of the benefit of it, similar how you paid for xbl and get netflix. I doubt you would get double charge to have hulu just on plus and you have to paid for it again. They wants as may paying member as possible.

G

This article is wrong. I have hulu plus on my ps3 and do not have have playstation plus. You can download the hulu plus app under games. Just search for Hulu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS