Hulu Plus Subscription to Cost $10 Per Month

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HalJordan

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
I haven't noticed Hulu keeping more than 5 episodes per TV show, for most of the shows that I care to watch, anyhow. Hulu is a plan B for me when I miss a show on its regular day or I forget to set DVR. I think the $10 is fair for what you get. I'm glad they didn't lock it all up in a subscription service; that would equal FAIL.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]tle[/nom]No I would not. For 8.99 from Netflix, you get access to thousands of movies compare to a "handful" of television shows.[/citation]

I would wait before drawing that conclusion...

Are you talking about the online library or their complete, hardcopy library?

I ended my subscription a few months back because Netflix's online library often did not carry the final 2-3 seasons of tv shows I wanted to watch. Also, the online movie selection was piss poor in my opinion. There were some good classics in there, but I always had the hardest time finding a movie that I WANTED to watch.

If Hulu ends up carrying most every tv show with all seasons included, I would prefer that over Netflix. That's a big IF though. One thing I do like about Netflix, however, was its integration into xbox 360. That made everything EXTREMELY convenient to watch tv.

G

IF it cut out the ads/commercials that would be a worthy price to pay.

michaelzehr

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
I don't see this as a viable plan, at least not for me. Every now and then I stumble into a show in the middle and want to go back, or I want to rewatch something. (I watched "life" again for the reason, and to try to follow the clues in the long-term plot better.) I prefer watching a set of "24" at once because it's more immersive, but if it's going to cost me I'll stay within 5 shows of current.

Maybe if it gave you the shows right away as opposed to a week after they air (not even sure if they still delay them).. or maybe if it included more recent, a-list movies... but not for older TV episodes.

ScoobyJooby-Jew

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
yeah the netflix streaming selection isnt that great. It's gotten better now that its partnered with showtime or starz or whichever one. Spartacus:Blood and Sand was sweet

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
I've never been able to find the shows that I want to watch on Hulu. Except for dealing with everybody's different video players, you can usually get the shows direct from the websites for the different networks.

dgingeri

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
I'd pay it if it would get me access to back episodes of Fringe. I missed so many episodes, and I want to catch up. It's cheaper than buying it all on DVD.

G

I refuse to watch ads, period. If that means throwing my TV out, then that's what I'll do.

I currently record everything I watch on my PC, through a tuner card, and I skip the commercials during playback. I'm paying for cable, and I'll be damned if I'll pay again by watching 20 minutes worth of ads per hour.

I've never used Hulu because of the commercials, and I would encourage everyone NOT to pay a monthly fee for Hulu, if ads are included. You'd be paying twice. Don't do it...

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Never tried Hulu, I use eztv.it currently, but if Hulu has enough shows I might give it a go. And HTPC / xbox integration would be a definite plus.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]I don't have and never need CABLE.Netflix and Hulu all the way![/citation]

Just curious... Who is your internet service provider?

thegreathuntingdolphin

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
I think the point of the article is that if you pay for Hulu, then you will have access to more than just the five rolling episodes.

If it really does open up Hulu so you can view all seasons, then I will consider it, especially if they make a WMC add in.

lowguppy

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
I've already given up cable in favor of hulu/netflix.
There are some shows with limited availability that I would consider paying a subscription to have access to if I want to watch or share them from the beginning, or catch up after a long break.

G

I would ditch cable if there was an ESPN stream of some sorts. How can I get HD Super Bowl or college football without cable or direct tv?

I want HD DVR service and ESPN so I have to pay around 90 a month with Direct TV. I'm trying to figure out an alternative.

Robery!

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I guess the reason I haven't used Hulu (and don't use cable for that matter) to date is that I usually don't want TV shows as they come out, I wait until the full season has run, then download and watch it. If Hulu allows this (for $10/month), and has access to the vast majority of shows (including Canadian TV shows), I will definitely try it out.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]georgepcola[/nom]Robery![/citation]

They charge you that much and have the audacity to wear Robes? Those bastards.

Status
Not open for further replies.