Solved! HyperX Cloud 2 not working

havoc6

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017
Hello, my usb dongle for my cloud 2 headset broke some time ago and I didn't bother replacing it until recently, I have a spare one now as well. Upon trying to plug in my usb for the headset I can hear sound as expected but the microphone isn't working/picking up any noise. A small thing to note is that I can't hear any of the beeping when using the controller to bump up the sound of the mic/headset volume unlike when I previously used it.

I have tried multiple times uninstalling the drivers for the headset, restarting my computer and plugging back in to see if there is a change (to no effect).
Used a different microphone and plugged into the microphone jack on the front of my pc and works as usual.
Both dongles I have don't work with same issues.
Tried different ports and still the same problems.

Is there any actual fix for this? Been looking online for an hour or so and haven't found an answer or an issue exactly the same as mine. I've seen quite commonly that the people with the problems have windows 10 from the thread that seemed to be remotely similar to mine, when I first had the headset I was using windows 8 but not sure if windows 10 would effect it working altogether.

Anything I should be trying before giving up on it? Will try any solutions to see if it fixes it

Solution

50xp50

Estimable
Jun 8, 2014
You can buy a new replacement mic or usb dongle directly from hyperx support if you want to try that. Other than that, I'd assume that the headset is broken. My Hyperx Cloud (1 not 2) headset was also like this. I just emailed hyperx for a warranty replacement and mailed in my old one, and they sent me a brand new one. Warranty lasts 2 years. You just have to had bought it from them, or one of their vendors, and have proof of purchase.

havoc6

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017

Hello, I bought a replacement dongle and I got a free one, they both arrived yesterday and the same problem for both. Just seems too unlikely for it to be the dongle/microphone to me anyway, I'm just guessing that it could be something to do with windows 10 & the sound card not interacting properly but I don't know if that's the case

50xp50

Estimable
Jun 8, 2014

Well, knowing other headsets work with the computer, I don't think it is the drivers. It probably just broke internally somewhere in your headset. You can try to see if you still make the warranty, but other than that, I don't know.

Solution