Solved! HyperX Cloud 2's VS Revolvers?

Zamblot

Commendable
Apr 7, 2016
Hello
Soon I will be getting a pair of headphones and because im cheap i get stuff used (dont kill me) and i have found brilliant offers on the hyper x cloud 2's and revolvers, they are both £50 so i would like to know what is a better buy (https://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=0740617235692#.WVdnQ4jyuiM and https://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=740617250442#.WVdnZojyuiM) According to reviews i have seen all over the place the revolvers seem to be more comfortable and in my opinion are more stylish but the cloud 2's use surround ofc, a feature that isnt included in the revolvers... I play alot of overwatch and may move on to other first person shooters so im curious, Does anyone have experience with surround sound headsets and if so is the difference noticeable? I am currently yielding turtle beach x12's and im quite good at locating noises like footsteps without surround... and i have heard people saying its a gimmick in headsets but can anyone confirm it from experience?
Thank You

Solution
All headphones are stereo, the surround sound is only "simulated", it's physically impossible to get real surround sound through headphones, only a set of 5.1 or 7.1 speakers can give you that.

Proprietary software supplied with the headphones is required to produce the "simulated" surround effect, whereas real surround through speakers doesn't require software.

So, yes, it's nothing more than a gimmick on headphones, though whether or not simulated surround actually sounds better than standard stereo through headphones will vary from person to person. Personally I prefer the latter on headphones - - switching to the software simulated surround doesn't sound as clean or as clear to me.
All headphones are stereo, the surround sound is only "simulated", it's physically impossible to get real surround sound through headphones, only a set of 5.1 or 7.1 speakers can give you that.

Proprietary software supplied with the headphones is required to produce the "simulated" surround effect, whereas real surround through speakers doesn't require software.

So, yes, it's nothing more than a gimmick on headphones, though whether or not simulated surround actually sounds better than standard stereo through headphones will vary from person to person. Personally I prefer the latter on headphones - - switching to the software simulated surround doesn't sound as clean or as clear to me.

Solution

Zamblot

Commendable
Apr 7, 2016

By that response (and i might seem like an idiot) is their software to make the revolvers have the virtual surround if it really is effective? Thanks for the help